ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Camp Notes: 8/2

justin ferber

CavsCorner Staff
Staff
May 21, 2012
Hi all-about to head back over to the Hardee Center for some time with Des Kitchings and a few players, but before I do, just a couple quick updates:

-First, on injuries, the good news is that the team seemed relatively healthy. It's way too early in camp to get excited about that, and the team hasn't even gotten into much contact practice yet, but there's probably fewer guys on the side or in yellow pennies than I typically see. Most of the guys in yellow today were the same ones in yellow on Wednesday, with a few guys like Miles Greene and Drake Metcalf working on the side. James Jackson was in yellow, but was going through stretching and so on. He seems to be okay. Sage Ennis had a yellow penny when he was stretching, but it wasn't clear if he was going to wear it for practice or not.

-Jonas Sanker broke the team down to begin practice.

-Practice was relatively condensed again, first because of the heat and then the rain that just rolled through, so practice was inside, and we only got to see a couple periods of individual position work.

-I watched the QBs go through ball security drills for a bit. When I was coming up we called that drill monkey rolls, not sure if that's what its called now; Then, the group went through some read option handoff drills, and those went according to plan. Both Muskett and Colandrea have probably done this drill so many times by now, they could do it in their sleep.

-The rest of my time was spent watching the receivers. This group seems physically in a different place than they were a year ago. Both Jaden Gibson and Suderian Harrison have put on weight and no longer look like new arrivals. Dre Greene is a physical specimen, and though he's not as big as Malachi Fields, he's not that far behind. The receiver drills were fun to watch, Adam Mims had a lot of energy and Tony Elliott came over for a bit, too. Chris Tyree looked really fluid going through some agility drills, and you can see that quick-twitch running back trait in him still.

After that, the open practice was done. Will have more content from our post-practice interviews early next week, along with a few features on the quarterback battle and other camp storylines. Have a great weekend!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.