ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Camp Notes 8/8

justin ferber

CavsCorner Staff
Staff
May 21, 2012
Greetings from a very rainy Charlottesville. In a bit, we’ll hear from DC John Rudzinski and a few players but here’s what I saw at open practice.

Today was about who wasn’t practicing. It was a big group of yellow jerseys today with many off on the side not practicing. Many of those guys were in pads though which usually indicates the injury isn’t terribly serious.

Chris Tyree was on the side, but was out of the boot that he was in on Monday, so that’s positive. McKale Boley was still not participating and still had his boot on.

One guy that wasn’t in pads was Xavier Brown and he was sporting a sling on one arm. That could be a negative development after he missed all of last year with an elbow injury but we’ll see.

Other players in yellow included: Brian Stevens, JR Wilson, Charlie Patterson, Jason Hammon (not in pads), Terrell Jones, Tyler Simmons, Karson Gay, Ben Smiley, Titus Ivy. There were a few more too.

As I said above, we’ll see what this means in the open practices to come. Some of these might be minor or precautionary, but it was probably the most yellow jerseys I’ve seen at a practice.

Anthony Colandrea was sporting a brace on one leg but was moving around fine and broke the team down. It might be nothing, but I noticed he took the first reps in drills featuring the QBs, with Muskett going second.

I watched some QB/RB ball security drills, saw Jared Rayman putting receivers through some passing drills and watched the DBs for a time. Transfer corner Kendren Smith caught my eye in one drill, and he seems a little more physical than I anticipated.

I also wonder if Dak Twitty can become a contributor at tight end. He certainly stood out in one drill that I saw and he has the frame to be an intriguing option, maybe down the road.

That’s all for now, will update if I get any info on guys that were out today or otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.