ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thoughts

Grafton19

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Columbus,Ohio
What a game!!

Play calling on offense was miles better.

CS, Smoke, Johns, OZ, Reid, OL- this made me think what this team could be like with Thorpe.

Why was Mo returning punts?

Defense was hit or miss on pass rush. Mike Moore and Kiser stood out to me on defense. Pass defense was better most of the game other than a few plays that killed us.

Matt Johns- Going towards being the best QB we have had since Matt S. We just need to make this his offense.

Smoke- One of his better games running the ball. Doesn't show in the stat line, but he is not dancing anymore and really may breakout soon.

Reid- Much better effort.

OZ- Brad was correct- this kid is a playmaker.

CS- He is playing all-ACC ball right now.

We need to find the TE more and other playmakers at WR, but the improvement from last week was huge. Did we finish? No, but this was an improvement.

I worry about our defense. We rely on pass rush to keep our DB's out of those long plays and it's not happening yet.

Still hurting ourselves with penalties, but as the game went on we started getting better.

We must beat Boise St. 2-2 going into October and this will feel ok to me. We just need more playmakers on both sides of the ball, but we are trending upwards and my feelings about this team are much better than last week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News