ADVERTISEMENT

GT game

sc-hoo

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2004
South Carolina
https://virginiasports.com/news/202...rce=hoomail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mbb

A little late, but good Jeff White review of GT game. I like the Huff dunk pic. A few good quotes in there, especially about TWol LOL...

* Bennett on Huff: “He was right tonight, and I was proud of him.”

* Murphy on his message to Clark: “When we went in at halftime, everybody was talking, and I talked to Kihei as well. I told him, ‘Look, if they’re going at you like that, shoot the ball. We’ve been working all summer and offseason, as well as the preseason, on your jump shot.’ And he was knocking it down very consistently. So l had confidence in Kihei, and we had to make sure that he knew that.”

* Bennett, smiling, on a first-half sequence involving Woldetensae: “Tomas checks in the game and he’s got his necklace on, and I hear one of our guys on our bench say, ‘Hey, Tomas, your necklace.’ And it’s an inbounds play, and he’s sitting there trying to get his necklace off. They run the play and his guy goes to the corner and hits a 3. I about lost it. I was thinking, if we lose by three because we’re trying to get our dang gold chain off, then we’ve got some issues.”

* Clark on UVA’s 10 first-half turnovers: “I think that’s why we were down early. I think if we limit those mistakes, we don’t put ourselves in too big of a hole.”

* Clark on Hauser: “He’s just a leader on the floor, someone we need on the floor at all times, and I thought he did a good job today.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News