ADVERTISEMENT

Looking ahead to the 2020-21 basketball season

richard2

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Midlothian, VA
Tomorrow is national signing day, and this led me to consider what our team will look like next year. While I think that this year's team will be very good, next year's team could be at the level that we have seldom seen until last year. We will certainly miss Diakite and Key, and Kersey might leave with the career highest shooting percentage of any UVA player. It is expected that Abdur-Rahim, Beekman, and McCorkle will all sign tomorrow. I see them as our respective replacements for Hunter, Jerome, and Guy. In addition, we will also have Hauser and Shedrick coming off redshirt years. We will have the following returning from this year's team - Caffaro, Clark, Huff, McKoy, Morsell, Stattmann, and Woldetensae.
Assuming that all of these are on the roster next year, the team will be deeper than we have ever seen. We will have at 5 Huff, Caffaro, and Shedrick; at 4 Hauser and McKoy; at 3 Stattmann and Abdur-Rahim; at 2 Morsell, McCorkle, and Woldtensae; at at 1 Clark and Beekman. If this holds up, I would expect that our "second" team next year will be better than many of our opponents' starters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News