ADVERTISEMENT

The best thing about today's game

rdm227

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2019
was watching Bobby Hurley whine the whole game and then have to pout off the court when we beat his team and held them to 45 points. I know TB is too classy to say anything to him, but was secretly hoping he would pull a Grayson Allen in the handshake line.

Overall certainly it was the type of game we are bound to see a lot of this season, close, low scoring games where our defense needs to be dominant much of the game and our offense make enough plays to hang on. After 6 games the thing we need more than anything (even more than outside shooting) is that player we can look to in any situation to score when we need a bucket. Diakite is a candidate, but as a big man he needs someone to get the ball to him and creating a shot as the clock winds down is not his strength. Clark, Key and Huff will all have their moments and great plays, but I don't think any are consistently going to be go to scorers in the clutch. Certainly won't be TW. I really think Morsell can develop into that type of scorer and for him it will be about confidence. This game will hopefully go a huge way to developing that for him. He has the strength and physical tools to deal with tight, physical defenders and can rise above them to get his shot off plus as a very versatile game going to the basket. The one big thing missing is his ability to hit shots consistently thus far. Today he was rough from deep (but did hit a huge one late), but 6 for 7 on shots inside of the arc. It may take a while for him to fully develop his game to be that scorer we need in tight spots, but I believe he will get there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News