ADVERTISEMENT

Why do we make things so hard on ourselves?

rdm227

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2019
What should have been an easy win going away yet again turned into an ugly nail biter. It's so frustrating watching how we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot with such dumb decisions, like the 4-5 turnovers Clark and Diakite had in the 2nd half to let them back into the game, missing four key front ends of one and ones on free throws and going just 8-16, shooting 3 air balls on three pointers in the 2nd half, falling for their pump fakes so many times it was dizzying, etc..

What surprises me the most is I know we are lacking talent this year and may not be great on offense, but so many of the mistakes we are making aren't about lack of talent. They are more about focus, concentration, lack of composure, etc. which is so uncharacteristic of a Bennett coached team. Our two biggest offenders are two of the players that played big roles all season last year in Clark and Diakite.

Each game I hope this will be the one when we play smart for the whole 40 minutes and not just a half like we continue to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News