ADVERTISEMENT

Wow - Vanderbilt Coach with a profanity laced tirade!!!

ja_ross32181

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
May 1, 2005
Virginia Beach
Took his player out of the handshake line to make him apologize for clapping in the face of the opposing players in the last 10 seconds. I applaud the sentiment. Gloating from players is never a good thing. That said, his language in addressing the player was completely inappropriate, especially since the entire exchange was caught on camera. He actually told the kid "I'll f-ing kill you." Now, let's be real, he obviously meant it as a figure of speech for giving the University a bad name. I don't believe for a second he meant it literally. He apologized almost immediately through a university spokesman (whom I'm sure spent the prior 10 minutes yelling at the coach over a potential lawsuit). Coach stuck to his guns, though, in the post game press conference. Said that behavior is completely unacceptable, that this was the player's one mulligan and said there wouldn't be a second. And he implied this wasn't the first time sportsmanship had been an issue with this player.

Obviously I hope (and believe) that Bennett would handle that without a profanity laced tirade, but I can't really blame a coach for standing up for good sportsmanship.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12390602/vanderbilt-head-coach-kevin-stallings-apologizes-berating-player-tennessee-game?ex_cid=espnapi_public

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News