ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark

rdm227

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2019
I know many on here don't follow women's basketball, but even you are not interested in it I would highly recommend taking the time to watch Caitlin Clark play. I can't remember a player in the last 30 years that shoots as much as she does under such pressure and from such crazy distances. She routinely pulls up and hits 35+ foot three pointers (often in transition) and does so without losing her technique (she averages 13 three point attempts per game). So often in the women's game you will see players take set shot three pointers or shoot it from the hip almost, but Clark can pull up from 35-40 feet with perfect form and shoot over players. Every team she plays against does all kinds of things to stop her from scoring and none are successful. Her movement to get open is fun to watch. It is also interesting watching how they use her on defense. She pretty much just stands around and picks up whatever player she wants to (the one closest to her so she doesn't have to expend much energy) and her teammates then have to adjust (would drive Bennett crazy). Definitely worth watching video highlight of her game last night in which she broke the women's scoring record. She had 23 pts in the first quarter and 49 for the game including 9 three pointers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News