ADVERTISEMENT

Cold shooting spells doom for Virginia against Notre Dame

richard2

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Midlothian, VA
I hate losing at anything. Since I was at Virginia and witnessed our 28 game losing streak in football and less than pleasant results in other sports, i should better tolerate coming up short, but I am upset when I lose at Solitaire or Hearts or other games on my computer. For this reason I usually delay expressing my opinions about games that we have lost, but it is important to attempt to gain some understanding of the reasons why we lost. To my eyes the reason was mostly poor shooting. The strength of our team is thought by most to be our back court, but our three starting guards made 7 of 19 attempted two point shots, 2 of 11 three point shots, and 7 of 12 foul shots. We had 10 assists and 11 turnovers. We were outrebounded 40 to 27, but the 13 differential was all on the defensive boards because we missed so many shots. Notre Dame shot UMBC well, and I did not feel that we played poorly on defense. I know that our players are capable of better shooting than was evident yesterday. For this reason I still hold out hope that better shooting will lead to positive results in the final scores.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News