ADVERTISEMENT

Help me understand ...

hoosvb94

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Feb 1, 2011
Some fans are starting to argue that Duke has such a better resume than we do because of a couple of more high RPI wins (notably @Wiscy) and the head-to-head result. They say we should drop to the #2 because of the loss.

We beat the teams Duke didn't. We beat one without JA that they lost to, and did it on their home court (State). If we avoid a blowout in the ACCT, we haven't been blown out this season. Our two losses are to #3 and @#14 in the RPI, by 6 and 2 points. Duke, by contrast, lost @#24, @#43, and vs. 60 (in a blowout).

Wiscy lost to two teams we beat (they lost to #120something Rutgers without Kaminsky, we beat #43 and #65 on the road without JA). Zona has lost to three sub-75 teams and two sub-100 teams. Nova lost to #81 Seton Hall and got blown out @#21 Gtown. Kansas has what, seven losses? Gonzaga ... don't get me started.

I feel like IF we advance past the quarters and get one of UL/UNC in the semis, and if we avoid a blowout in the ACCT, we have the second best resume behind KY (potentially three losses, all to top 15 teams, and TONS of great wins). What am I missing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News