ADVERTISEMENT

Honoring our team

brtyler01

CavsCorner Starter
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
The first 2 years of TE's stint so far have been well under expectations, record-wise, but we are set up very well for next year. Not all coaches win in their first year or even their second year but our team make-up is a recipe for major turnaround next year.

QBs- this has to be the best we've felt about the starter and depth at this position since Perkins/Armstrong or Benkert/Johns or even perhaps before that. I think Muskett/Colandrea as a unit is better than all of those combos mentioned with Colandrea only being a freshman. And about Colandrea, the kid is special. His physical abilities are impressive already but his most vital attribute seems to be his moxie and drive. It's rare to see and the staff needs to do whatever necessary to keep him out of the portal.

OLine- much better in the 2nd half of the season. Evaluations and rotations have been fluent since fall camp but starters and depth have settled in and you can see holes opening up and a pocket around the qb often times (excluding last night @ UL) and just about everyone is returning next year, many as multi year starters.

On defense we lose Faumui, Akere, Butler, Carter, Smiley and Agunloye up front but there's a good amount of talent waiting to be unleashed there and most of our well-coaced back-7 is returning.

Our recruiting class is somewhat down so far this year but we have nothing but winnable games left and we still get our chance to beat Tech. I think though that we have enough to attract a high level RB from the portal to pair with XB (I like Greise and Vaughn btw) and a WR or 2 to pair with Fields, Wilson and Gibson and everywhere else we have a pretty good football team that's going to win games and go to a bowl next year. It will happen. Last year we were what our record said we were. This year we're clearly better than our record. Next year all of what TE has done to improve this program will start to translate. And then maybe he can gain some momentum and get this program back to a winning standard again

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News