ADVERTISEMENT

Saw that Duke will only be shooting free throws today in practice; sent up the red flag, more homecoming tonight?LOL

D-Wayne

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2002
When I saw that Duke was only going to focus on shooting Free throws only today in practice, I immediately laughed cause my investigative slant threw up the old antenna/red flag.

I couldn't help having a reflexive reaction from years of home cooking style officiating in Tobacco Road Tourneys. My mind was wondering did the ACC officiating crew for tonight already get the call down from the ACC bosses?

I can see the return of the same style officiating in this Championship game with Duke as the UNC game where Duke will be going to the line frequently tonight, especially in the second half with 8 to 10 minutes left in the game.

I could see Shedrick and Caffaro with foul issues with 7 or 8 minutes to go in the game tonight, if officiating history down in Duke country is a template to what to expect tonight.

Call me a little paranoid, but I just have a long memory of Duke last minute wins especially when refs suddenly have bad eye sight, COPD issues on blowing their whistles, or honestly turning a blind eye for the hometown boys.

I'm really hoping we can over come all the tic tac calls, ghost calls and nail the free throws IF we get to the line. I could see a 3 to 1 foul call ratio on us tonight if history is the marker to what's to come.

It will take a near perfect game this time around to beat Duke with 3 extra players on the floor tonight.:cool:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News