ADVERTISEMENT

Taking a break guys to be a primary care giver for atleast 3 months due to a bad accident involving the wife

D-Wayne

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2002
Hey guys, I just wanted you guys to know that I won't be on as much for atleast the 3 months due to an unfortunate turn of events.

My lovely wife, who I call Lady Catherine, was struck by a drugged and drunk driver, who by the way had no insurance, no license and is in the country illegally, and this is his 4th offense of hitting other cars, but they keep letting him out. He was running from police behind him and ran through a stop sign street right out into a busy Blvd streets and T boned her car.

The day of the accident she was driving her Classic Car, 1971 Mercury Cougar XR7 429 Cobra, we kept in the garage and it had not one scratch, bird poop, nothing and she decided to take it out and it was totaled especially on the driver side was heavily damaged. We would take it to a special garage to be serviced, where the owner held car shows and he had vehicles from Model T to the 1950's vehicle and into the 70's and he was more upset than we were that the vehicle was totaled and how it was in mint condition, no scratches, dents, interior was in mint condition. But it may have saved her life cause if she was driving her other car a Scion XB she has it would have been fatal if she was hit in that one.

My wife had to have a kidney removed and now that surgery has healed, she had to have major back surgery with titanium plates put in from 3 to 4, 4 to 5, 5-1 area of the back and nerve damage cleaned up. She also had broken left arm, collar bone, broken ribs.

She just got out of the hospital after another brief stay and now it's 3 months of a heavy brace, and walker in which I will have to help her dress, shower and she is not allowed to do any bending, leaning, or twisting for atleast 3 months, no cooking, no lifting over 5 lbs. I will have to take care of cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, and helping her. She was a level 3 grade chef also so you know I'm really hurting the way she cooked everything from scratch every day just about.

This was a woman who doesn't look her age at all, still has thick wavy, curly, hair down her back she always styled up nicely; we had to cut and we donated about 8 inches (she cut it about 3 inches above her bra strap to be clear of the surgical area) for cancer patients. Before the accident, she would do on average of 5 to 8 miles on the elliptical Bike, 3 times a week, plus other exercises.

Life can change in a minute and I'm just glad she's still here.

One funny thing out of all this was when she was coming out of surgery, she was actually smiling, still under sedation/anesthesia she said with a soft voice, "Wayne, I didn't even know I had gone through surgery, she paused and said you are fantastic, you are wonder", holding my hand along the bedside, and I said, ah oh that anesthesia, is really working. The nurses around her were smiling and laughing, then my wife said, "No, really, you're the greatest and wonderful". I said, with a smile, Lady Catherine can I get that in writing being funny, and the Nurses really laughed on that one.:)

Thanks guys and gals for putting up with my antics and hope to stop by during this period when I get a chance. Take care!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News