ADVERTISEMENT

Your expectations for 2020 hoops...

IPWT

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2002
Assuming we beat Navy, we’ll go into 2020 at 10-2 and 2-0 in the ACC. 8 weeks ago, before Syracuse, I probably would have taken that if offered...but it hasn’t been quite the way I expected.

Much like we saw against Purdue & USC-e, when a decent team gets hot, and we turn it over too much, we’ll lose...probably by double digits. I don’t think we’ll win at FSU, against Duke, or either game against Louisville. The other games will be a tossup, or we’ll be favored.

I think 21-9, 13-7 in the ACC is realistic. It will probably put us around 4-5 in the ACCT, and 5-6 in the NCAAT. With the offensive struggles, Sweet 16 is probably the ceiling, and 50/50 we don’t advance past the first weekend. In a major rebuilding year, I’m ok with that if we don’t get knocked out in the first round.

We’ll continue to play stingy defense, and most wins will be of the 52-48 variety. That said, I do think we still have a few 15+ point losses over the next 90 days or so. TW, KS & CM will individually look good in a handful of games, but I’m not expecting any of them to become the consistent double digit scorer and 40% 3 point shooter that we need. Kihei has to cut down on TO’s...that’s a must.

We are what we are, and I don’t expect that significantly change until Hauser, JAR & Beekman are eligible to play...those guys change the dynamic going into next year. Until then, we’ll just have to be patient, enjoy the wins, and not get too wrapped up in the L’s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News