ADVERTISEMENT

BB recruiting still not there yet

Grafton19

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Columbus,Ohio
While we certainly await The Visit this weekend from a certain player that could take the team to another level, I still know in my heart that it's going to take a longer run for us to beat out some of the bluebloods for recruits. For most kids UVA basketball is just getting started as a national threat which I think we have the staff to continue that trend, but we still aren't beating the schools who are on the historic level for certain players. Can we honestly say we've gotten that one recruit yet that will put us over the top? No, but the staff has done a great job developing the kids that we do get which puts the staff in the top seven of development in my opinion throughout the country, but for us to really take it to the next level we are going to need that kid in the 16, 17 or 18 class to finally really put us on the map. To be honest we know some people in the media and certain fan bases are waiting for us to fall off and as long as Tony Bennett is the coach that's not going to happen. Wisconsin showed you don't need five star recruits all over the board to get to the title game, but getting just one of those players can be the difference between the Final Four and getting to the title game or winning the thing which I think Virginia can do in the next four or five years with this coaching staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News