ADVERTISEMENT

Definition of Insanity: Playing Clark Big Minutes

Gnawed

CavsCorner All ACC
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
Forgive my broken record argument, but...
-Clark has the lowest plus/minus per 100 possessions of any rotation player (i.e. the team consistently does better with him on the bench than on the court).
-Clark has the lowest win shares per 40 minutes of any rotation player (i.e. he contributes to fewer wins per minute than any rotation player).
-Clark has the lowest True Shooting % (TS%), Effective Field Goal % (eFG%), and Player Efficiency Rating (PER) of any rotation player (i.e. he's inefficient and a liability offensively).
-Clark has the highest turnover rate of any rotation player (i.e. he has more turnovers per possession than any rotation player). To be fair, Clark has the second highest assist rate of the rotation players behind Jerome.
-Clark has the lowest rebounding rate on the team.

Clark has played the 4th most minutes on the team (behind obviously Jerome, Guy, and Hunter).

CTB preaches valuing every possession (Plus/Minus per 100, TO%), taking high % looks (TS%, eFG%, PER), making the opponent take contested shots (shortest player on the team), not allowing second-chance points (Reb %), leadership (true freshman), and above all else winning (WS per 40, Plus/Minus per 100).

I have learned not to doubt CTB, but for the life of me cannot understand the repeated personnel decision to play Clark big minutes. The eye test is unkind to Clark, the numbers are downright hateful.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News