ADVERTISEMENT

George Mason Game Thoughts

Grafton19

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Columbus,Ohio
TB sent a message by starting Salt. I love it because Tobey is hurting the defense.

Defense was quick early. Mason was knocking down some tough shots.

The fact we can bench guys shows the depth we have built this year.

Offensive flow seemed better. Game flow early on was great because they let the kids play.

Some baskets we gave up especially late in the first half were unusual breakdowns from the Tony Bennett team that I'm sure will be cleaned up as we play more games because bigger teams will have an easy time on the glass crashing the board if we don't clean it up.

Tobey got the message. This matchup was good for him on the offensive end. Dino made a great point- if you can't muscle him around and it turns into a finesse game then he will score at will.

We're going to have to accept that teams are going to get a little bit easier baskets at the rim. Did not realize how much DA and AM kept people away. This group doesn't have the rim protector. MD will be that guy in a few years.

Gill is a force if he can stay out of early foul trouble which seems to affect his game sometimes.

We have to be careful about getting too cute on offense. There were times in the second half we started over passing the basketball versus taking it to the hoop. I love the fact we were attacking and don't want to get conservative, so we just have to be careful at times.

Quicker guards like those at Miami may give us issues depending on how the game is called. We aren't able to bump cutters like the past which is hurting defense until we adjust.

Salt gives us a banger and allows us to use fouls that can stay away from MT and AG.

Obviously we still need some work before that gangbuster of a schedule in December. If we can go 3-1 or even 2-2 vs. Cal, OSU, West Virginia, and Nova, I think that will help us in the long run.

Screens are getting better than earlier in the week. More flare action. Our guys find each other better than any team I watch in college basketball. Always know where others guys are so the offense never gets stagnant with your guys standing around.

MB is going to pushing to be at the least second team All-American.

LP needs to be a backup? I was wrong and will eat my words from the other day. He plays like this nightly? I will dance naked on my street when we win title :)

I hope Nolte finds his game because he has fallen very low on the depth chart and his shot will be needed at some point

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News