ADVERTISEMENT

Henry Coleman Article in RTD

embracethepace

CavsCorner Starter
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2016
This recruitment is starting to stress me out. I know the staff has some doubts about Henry and how he fits (mainly which position he'd play) but come on, this kid needs to be at UVA. He's a talented player, gifted athlete, and great cultural fit. If we don't offer him soon, he's gone, and the staff will have to accept the fact that:

A) They'll have to play against him for 4 years (as he'd likely end up in Blacksburg)
B) If he does indeed go to Tech, I can see a scenario where Bacot joins him.
C) You lose out on the potential package deal with Mark Williams (I guess that's okay considering the staff doesn't want him anyways, for some unknown reason :mad::mad::mad:).

I know that the response to this will be that Tony doesn't think this way and I respect that. But in a situation like this one, I'd argue he needs to keep the bigger picture in mind.

Look, this is as critical as you'll EVER see me be towards Tony and the staff but I feel very strongly about this one. I have my own concerns about Henry's game, and if Tony thinks he can land a wing in 2020 that is clearly a better option, I'm all for it. But sitting where we are right now, is that really the case? Especially with the way the game is changing, I think you take as many athletic, versatile wings as you can find. I think a worst case scenario for Coleman is that he turns into an Isaiah Wilkins type player that may be less versatile than we initially hoped. If that's the case, I think it is absolutely worth taking a commitment from him now, given the three potential downstream events I listed above (again, I know Tony doesn't think like that).

Just my two cents. Link to the story at the bottom.

http://www.richmond.com/sports/high...cle_e2c10e8b-12c5-5a45-8fea-714fe0a3a521.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News