ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops recruiting nuggets...

BradFranklin

CavsCorner Publisher
Staff
Sep 2, 2003
Short Pump, Va.
Like we did last summer when the July evaluation period opened, we'll still do a War Room on Friday and break down where everybody is but the period opens later today and I wanted to pass along a couple of notes.

What I've heard is that UVa is going into the first period (today through Sunday) with plans to watch the usual suspects. The two guys I've heard getting more attention than ever? Wenyen Gabriel and Jalen Johnson. Don't be surprised if Tony Bennett tracks them through the week. Also don't be surprised if things get a little more "focused" next week, especially as far as where Bennett goes, depending on what the staff sees this week.

Word around the campfire is that the Cavaliers still feel very, very good about where things are with Mamadi Diakite. And with good reason given what he's been telling other players. The only question is "when" and it sounds more and more like it'll be before the end of the month.

Gotten some questions about Tyus Battle from off the board and wanted to pass along what I heard last night: Don't get your hopes up....yet. Much like before his commitment to Michigan, sources say UVa is hearing good things but there's some skepticism about follow through. The lines of communication are open, though the feeling is still that Syracuse will likely find a place for him even though the Orange are full right now.

Reactions: D-Wayne
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News