ADVERTISEMENT

I am not worried

NovaJay

CavsCorner Reserve
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2018
Let's get this out of the way - Oregon should be scared of us. Everyone is talking about a close game, a defensive slugfest, but I don't think it'll even be close. I watched the game they had against UC Irvine, and UCI was just not that good. Oregon's defense is good, but not elite. UCI had no answer to penetrate the zone - they never sent someone to the high post, it's as if they had never played against a zone before.

Here's what worked well for Oregon, and why I think we'll be fine:
- Oregon hit some contested 3's, but UCI's defense didn't make it difficult for Oregon to move the ball around, the way we make it difficult.
- Oregon got a lot of loose rebounds by crashing the glass on the offensive side. We are a much improved defensive rebounding team than before, we just have to stay frosty.
- UCI chucked up a lot of awful shots, not because of Oregon's defense, but because UC Irvine couldn't seem to move well without the ball. Get it in to TJ or DH at the high post/foul line, and we'll have options to drive or see them sag and kick out to Kyle Guy.
- It was a close game at the beginning of the first half, but then UC Irvine's poor rebounding and Oregon's run with that sucked the soul outta UCI. UCI just started to fold.

I think we'll see the same starting lineup from last game, and Kihei will look to frustrate Payton Pritchard. I'm not scared of their length, we're better athletes and players.

UVA - 78
Oregon - 54

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News