ADVERTISEMENT

Just got off the phone with RB Demond Claiborne...

BradFranklin

CavsCorner Publisher
Staff
Sep 2, 2003
Short Pump, Va.
I'll have a full story for you tomorrow but suffice to say this one feels like UVa's to lose at this point. Claiborne raved about his time in Charlottesville this weekend, not just playing paintball and riding horses but also getting to know the staff and especially getting to talk to the players. That was the big thing for him. His host, Amaad Foston, as well as DB Chayce Chalmers and DB commit Will Hardy all made him feel super welcome. Claiborne told me that group had a real heart to heart convo yesterday about the process and about college ball and everything and he said he came away feeling great about them and about Virginia. He also said he loved the way Bronco Mendenhall and Mark Atuaia handled his recruitment.

This is a two-team race between UVa and Wake. He's going to take one more visit next weekend (to Vanderbilt) but he was adamant he knows he wants to choose between the two ACC schools. He saw Wake last week on an unofficial and he's ready to move into the end phase of things.

I really, really love UVa's chances here. The kid couldn't stop talking about it.

Editing to add: With the commitment news coming this afternoon, I'm going to hold this story until Tuesday.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News