ADVERTISEMENT

Last 7 games

CSNIII

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2005
Wanted to see if my eyes have been telling me the truth. Stats don't lie.

Over last 7 games (4-3) since VT laid blueprint for our small ball offense...

BVP shooting 39.6% FG, 25.9% 3s & an absolute garbage 33.3% from FT line (and hasn't made a FT in last 5 games). This while logging 28 mins/game.

Franklin not as bad but shooting 40.0% / 32.0% / 64.7% logging 31 mins/game. Problem here is he is your volume shooter/leading scorer but you can't trust him (like a Brogdon/Jerome/Guy types). He's had 3 decent games of last 7 as your lead dog. That don't cut it. Against weak competition I might add.

This team has flaws but is hurting itself continuing to play these 2 guys this number of mins in the roles they are being asked to play now. Mckneely is the one we should be running off more screens it seems.

Even if Shedrick can't return to November form (confident hitting 15 foot jumpers, catching lobs, stick backs etc) the metrics say our offense is far more effective with him on the floor. Move BVP back to 6th man where he might find a spark. And yes play dunn more. He got a stretch of about 5 mins in 2nd half and he was active and we just looked better. Coincidence that's when we played the best all night??? He went out and we scored 4 points in 10 mins after trying to mount a comeback.

BVP is a damn nice kid and was a major upgrade over what we had on bench last yr, but over last 7 games he's killing us with those damn near 30 mins.

Kudos to staff for changing things up and playing smaller, it was great for 5 games. They have to stop this. Or at least stop leading with it every game. We need to see some adjustments again. We lose to Clemson Tuesday this season is all but over. With some switching of roles again I think we might have bottomed tonight and could see a bit different team vs Clemson. Regardless of rotations, team has to play with intensity and at least that was there in the 2nd half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News