ADVERTISEMENT

London Johnson update...

BradFranklin

CavsCorner Publisher
Staff
Sep 2, 2003
Short Pump, Va.
I know there are going to be a lot of questions on this one but here's what I can tell you:

Do not expect UVa to be the choice, be that in an announcement today or a subsequent announcement down the road or all points in between. Virginia's involvement in this recruitment has reached its end.

You might see reports online that he informed the staff that they would not be the pick. That's not accurate, at least according to my sources.

If anyone remembers the story of Aaron Wiggins, a player who was silently committed to UVa for a while until it became obvious that something was amiss, that's extremely applicable here.

Even after his decision to push the announcement back, the expectation among sources both outside and near the program was that Johnson was still planning to announce publicly what had been expected. That was until a final conversation happened in the last 24 hours. And now UVa is looking to other recruits.

This is a tough beat for the Hoos in terms of losing out on his talent but there's a lot more that goes into the bigger picture. And that's all I can say about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News