ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of blame to go around.

wahoo96

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2009
Just got thrashed by a limping VT team and yes, this loss does define the season whether that’s fair or not. To me it comes down to a failure of execution and imagination.

Execution. Our D was typical of what we’ve seen this year. Chalk it up to injuries and personnel losses if you wanna, but poor tackling and being out of position all night. I’m relieved they only put up 33. Could have been worse. And Brennan was thoroughly outplayed by Burmeister, who was efficient and made plays when he had to. Interceptions aside, there were countless missed throws or throws behind the receiver that killed YAC.

Imagination. How is it possible that no RB got more than 2 carries? I’d like to know when the last time that happened, if ever. News flash to the coaches—-BA is not Bryce and he’s not Taysom. When the D knows he’s going to run with it, they will stop him. One of the guys I really feel bad for is Simpson. We bring this talented guy in and he largely performed when given the chance, and we basically use him as a filler/distraction all year. Why?

I firmly believe the entire team and coaching staff either just took this team for granted or just wanted the season to be over. Frankly, I think fans did too. But VT had revenge on their mind and wanted to salvage, by VT standards, a terrible season.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News