ADVERTISEMENT

OT - WNBA

richard2

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Midlothian, VA
Until this year, I have never watched a WNBA game, This year I decided to watch a couple of games on television primarily to see if Caitlan Clark would prove the Goat or the Over- rated predictions to be correct. I quickly discovered why I had not previously watched the WNBA. For the most part, the WNBA is just bad basketball. When Virginia got blown out in games last year, there were many reasons proposed for the poor performances. Almost all apply to every WNBA game. Many players can't jump over the Sunday newspaper (about 1 inch for those who do not subscribe to the local newspaper). As a result, many routine layups are mulligans. Officiating is bad, and the officials spend way too much time looking at the TV monitors at mid court. Coaching decisions about who should be playing or what play to run are suspect.
Clark is still bringing crowds to watch her play in person or on television. I question whether she and a handful of others in the WNBA will be able to hold the attention of viewers even when the only sports competition is major league baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News