ADVERTISEMENT

Sober Monday Morning Thoughts

wahoo96

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2009
Monday sure does feel better after a win, doesn't it?? A few thoughts in my head.

1. I know BSU is not the same BSU its been in the past, but this was truly a huge win. To go in and beat a team soundly on a field they barely ever lose on is impressive. Keep in mind, they won 10 games last year.

2. If you don't see the improvement in our team so far, you just aren't looking. In all phases of the game we look better.

3. Benkert looks like a leader. He has been remarkably better this year in all phases....turnovers, QB rating, yards per attempt. I'm not saying he's perfect, but he's more of an asset than a liability. I think that's saying alot.

4. I'm not going to get carried away after two good wins against middling to poor teams. Our team a this point has little margin for error. An injury here, a bad day by an Olineman there can literally mean the difference between a sound victory and a beatdown defeat. So as far as the rest of the year, I won't be surprised if we win 7 games, nor will I be surprised if we win 5.

5. What I am taking away is that when we put together a complete game we can compete with anyone in the ACC expect maybe the obvious top dogs. And it does appear that the mentality of the players has changed. Unless BSU just had a really off night (and that's possible), you don't go into Boise on a Friday night and beat the pants off them unless your head's right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News