ADVERTISEMENT

Some intriguing hoops nuggets to pass along...

BradFranklin

CavsCorner Publisher
Staff
Sep 2, 2003
Short Pump, Va.
I'm hoping to have more later tonight or tomorrow but I wanted to pass along the following couple of tidbits:

• On new offers, a source told me tonight that the only legit offer that's been claimed in recent days is four-star guard Chris Lykes. How did he earn it? Because of how well he played this weekend, which really means how well he played against Matt Coleman this weekend. So why offer now considering UVa has been on him for so long? Simple: He brings an entirely different skillset to the table and it's something the Wahoos really like combined with the other guys they have coming in. Simply put, he can go get buckets and create for himself/others. The Cuse collapse didn't have a thing to do with it, per my source. Now, if that's the lone legit offer, what does that mean for four-star wing Brandon Rachal? Well, it means that some signals got crossed somewhere. Word I heard tonight is that UVa saw him early on this past weekend, liked the idea of him playing defense in the pack-line, then went to see him again and just didn't see the fit as clearly. But before that happened, some conversations apparently got misconstrued. At this point, all I can tell you is that UVa hasn't offered and it's doubtful that changes.

• The other nugget I wanted to drop was in relation to four-star wing Corey Kispert. Virginia did see him play Friday night and word was that he was okay but not much more than that. He is in Charlottesville, though, and his official visit will last through tomorrow. At this point, UVa is being very honest with him about needing to see him compete so we don't expect to see any big ramifications from this visit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News