ADVERTISEMENT

Summer Sports

richard2

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Midlothian, VA
Because of the lack of collegiate, and particularly UVA, sports during the past few weeks, I have watched several sporting events that I normally would avoid. Chief among these was the WNBA. I believe that there are five skills to look for in every player - shooting accuracy, ball handling, rebounding, defense, and speed. I have watched portions of several WNBA games and highlights of several more. This sample was sufficient to convince me that there are no more than ten players in the WNBA that possess at least three of these five skills.
In spite of this, the announcers and commentators rave about routine plays. I have concluded that my eyes must be lying because quality was not what I have been seeing. The centers have been doing a lot of scoring because low post defense is bad. Passes were often made to no one in particular, and if the passes reached the hands of a teammate, it was often dropped. Open layups were frequently bricked and rebounding numbers were increased by grabbing missed bunnies. Coaching and officiating calls were routinely baffling.
All in all, I found the games boring. I am looking forward to the start of college sports.

Reactions: a64hoo and hoodc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.