ADVERTISEMENT

Taine Murray

rdm227

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2019
At this point I've given up hope for Murray having any role this year other than mop up duty. Through our easiest stretch of games of the season in the OOC schedule he has mostly been relegated to being the 6th player off of the bench along with the walk-ons. Poindexter was the first or second sub in last night again and when Bennett cleared the bench with about 5 minutes to go the lineup was Poindexter, McCorkle, Stattman, Caffaro and Milicic with Murray not going in until a little over 2 minutes left. If he is buried that far down the pecking order no way will he see any meaningful minutes in conference play. It may be that he is just not ready, but I am not seeing anything from McCorkle, Stattman or Poindexter on offense or defense that should keep Murray planted so deep on the bench. Hard to believe that someone that had such experience in the NZ pro league (and did well) would be so far behind the three I just mentioned in terms of earning playing time. he certainly doesn't strike me as one who doesn't practice hard. We are in such desperate need of a consistent scoring punch off of the bench and other than Milicic don't see it from any of the other bench players so hoping Murray can get a chance at some point to show what he can do beyond just two minutes at the end of a game with the walk-ons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News