ADVERTISEMENT

Top 100 Camp: Day 1

BradFranklin

CavsCorner Publisher
Staff
Sep 2, 2003
Short Pump, Va.
Greetings from John Paul Jones Arena, where NBPA Top 100 Camp will get underway here in about 45 minutes. I've got a list of 12 players I'm going to be tracking in terms of UVa's interests including both of the 2016 commits.

As I have in years past, I'll let you know what game I'm watching and who is playing for each team. I try my best to provide in-game updates but they won't focus on the score/stats as much as the scouting component. Toward the end of games, especially early in the camp, I'll have interview responsibility so if I vanish for a while that's why. Also, remember that they do automatic rotations every six minutes so who "won" is sometimes not that big of a deal. Last year, I tried to hold most of the Q&A here until after the games were over and we'll try that tonight and the rest of the week as well. So at the end of the day, I'll give you guys the green light to fire away with questions and do my best to answer them.

One quick recruiting update: Word is that the planned unofficial visit for Michael Porter and Trae Young after camp is still in the works. I've heard that Young is expected to go to Duke and Carolina after the camp as well. I have not heard if Porter is planning on accompanying him for those visits or not but UVa sources felt good about the duo seeing at least a little more of Virginia before heading out after camp is over.

Check back in shortly.

Reactions: Hoos#1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News