ADVERTISEMENT

Went back and revisited the game this morning and wanted to shine a light on Lucky and his crew

D-Wayne

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2002
So I went back and I knew Key had been hacked upside the head and immediately complained to Lucky but didn't realize how malicious it was with, you guessed it, our favorite zebra standing right in the corner in the clear line of sight, starring right at Key's head being smacked down awkwardly on his left shoulder area.

I would encourage posters to go to the 1:48 on Utube time line, game clock at 5:23 time line and either slow it down or stop it to see how malicious it was because #11 Joe Girard III is 6'1", Key is 6'8" and has already started to rise up for the lay in under the rim when Girard comes up from behind and basically tomahawk, stiff arm chops down along Key's head until it's awkwardly bent down on his back shoulder. Our favorite zebra, if you stop the blatant hack you will see he is standing and starring right at Key's head being smacked down on his shoulder.

Don't care what the zebra sympathizers think, but any person concerned for the health and wellbeing of ANY player would be outraged that Lucky and his crew would blow off that level of hack from behind that can cause SERIOUS neck, spinal injury to have your head basically shoved down on your shoulder on your back shoulder.

Could you imagine what would have happen if Clark at 5'10ish would have come up behind 6'6" Hughes and swung across his head area made contact and then followed through with a malicious follow through to force his head down on his neck.

As a former basketball player in the military and overseas, the zebras have to call those hacks to cut down on someone getting hurt. Those of us that have played, know well that Girard at 6'1" would not be able to block Key's Shot from behind at his angle, after Key had already elevated and that was a cheap shot foul that could have caused serious injuries.

Also Dolejerk I call him straight jack style grabbing and mauling Clark on a fast break should have been an intentional foul.

Again, don't care what sympathizers for the zebra think, but we have to call obvious fouls, especially the chop Key took across the head that could have put him out of the game and worse for good. Dolejerk, we know his antics over the last couple of years and should have gotten an intentional foul by the way he ran into Clark, the way he was grabbing and roughing him up, with trying to go for the ball secondary could have gotten Clark hurt in his arms, wrist or hands or jammed his fingers. People want to act like these fouls are no big deal until the player is out, out indefinitely or worse lost for the year. I'm interested in protected OUR guys from unnecessary cheap shots or antics like Dolezaj with the rough house grabbing to stop a fast break. Dolezaj knew he would be called for a foul so he went all in to stop Clark, which should have been sighted as intentional to teach guys like him, you are not going to be allowed to rough up the guy cause you are going to get a foul anyway. No different than reaching up and jerking a person from behind to the floor on a fast break lay up to take a foul and hurt him in the process.

Here's the video condensed versus of last nights game and check out the 5:23 game clock mark when Key is trying to lay up the ball and how Girard comes from behind with no chance at the ball or blocking the ball and see how he chops and follows through with Lucky looking right at the infraction.

Please stop it at 1:48 Utube time line, 5:23 on game clock and see the torque of the chop on Key's head with Lucky looking right at it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News