ADVERTISEMENT

When Brogdon's NBA career is done ...

hoosvb94

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Feb 1, 2011
Who will he be compared to or remind people of?

My thoughts ... he's not going to be a first offensive/backcourt option, nor will he be an all-NBA defensive team sort of lockdown defender. He's going to make some team though, and become a regular rotation guy at the 1-3 spots (either as a starter or prominent backup). He's not fantastic at any one skill, but he's a 7 or an 8 at most skills. Not super athletic, but he is not unathletic either. Most importantly, he's a "glue" guy that is MUCH more skilled than a typical glue guy, in that he is not limited to just diving for loose balls and picking up junk baskets and getting in some opponents head defensively. In other words, I don't see him being a superstar, but I see him being a good, important piece to a good-to-great team (or teams).

So who does that compare to historically or for comparison's sake? I've been racking my brain try to think of a analogue ... am I crazy to think Harper from those great Bulls teams? Or maybe a more backcourt oriented version of a Shawn Marion (i.e., a great third or fourth option player that does a little bit of everything)?

Have at it to tell me who I'm forgetting from the annals of NBA history ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News