ADVERTISEMENT

Will we get to the next level in UVA football with a new staff, working on a culture change and learning how to win?

D-Wayne

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2002
Staying within the guidelines Brad has expressed, this is just merely a question for posters, fans and former players if you see UVA Football eventually taking the next step of consistent winning and a team that knows how.

I truly believe after listening to the new Head Coach, Coach Elliott, he is racking his brains with getting these guys to buy in and believe the winning mindset.

He truly has his hands full and as someone that has spent a life time studying human nature/behavior, cultures all over the world (lived in 16 total countries counting US; been to 113 countries) and how societies, cultures, groups are conditioned and programmed that affects their productivity, their behaviors, and their social interactions.

But I'm interested specifically for this conversation, I'm talking here about how the new coaching staff can come in and alter, a mindset, along with previous conditioning that alot of us older guys in our 60's have observed now for decades.

To take that and turn both the players and fans acceptance to embrace a new paradigm/change, a different philosophy to build a Football program that has players with the winning mindset the coach is talking about.

I really believe the new Coach is right when he said he has to teach the players how to win. There was mention that there is ALOT of individualism on the team but not real team continuity to win. The mistakes we've seen the last 6 weeks are mostly due to lack of focus and some due to anxiousness; you can see it on the faces and body language of players when they mess up or get flagged for especially in opportune times of 3rd and long, when the the D line, secondary hold their ground and do their job and a player reaches out and grabs a face mask when he didn't have to to hurt the team.

So my question is, will we see this eventually get to a new level and witness a change of the winning mindset? Please have at it.

Oh, lastly, I won't talk about this in depth now, but I saw an interesting documentary on how the average 20,30 year old of today have way lower Testosterone levels; some lower than guys my age/Their grandfathers. How it plays into their lack of energy, aggressiveness in sports today and more passive lay around behavior. Found it fascinating and disturbing at the same time, especially having two sons, (step son; 43), 38 years old and three grandsons, ages 21, 19, 13 years old. Also due to diet, environment, pesticides on everything lower sperm counts; even lower than their fathers and grandfathers. Just felt it plays into the athletes today and what they face we didn't when we were their age.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News