ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers to send out.

harrybear

CavsCorner Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2006
Roanoke, VA
Since this is buried in my post on the Houston game article, I thought I would post it on its own. For anyone on here that believes in prayer and its effectiveness I have two prayer targets for you: (1) I have a 96 year old WWII vet friend who is having a hard time health wise right now and may not make much longer and I have known him since I was 18 and I am 76 now, almost 77. He (Dennis Fix) served in France and Germany and was among the first to get into Auschwitz concentration camp after the Nazis scattered away and we liberated it and Dennis witnessed first hand those horrors. He was an Army Combat Engineer and also did a stint in Korea and even rode horses on patrol on the Russian border after Hitler's death and the surrender of the evil empire. Also, because he is a big UVA fan, particularly basketball, and I took him to many games the past 15 years, Coach Bennett, upon learning of this predicament from me, sent him a personal video message and said he was praying for him and thought that was so wonderful for my friend - it brought tears to Dennis' eyes. (2) On a lighter note, lets all pray they did not assign Jamie Lucky as a ref in this game!!! Otherwise Shed will have 3 fouls with 10 minutes to go in half one for just breathing on Houston players!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News